Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Herb Room

When I moved to my new apartment, there was no compromise. I wanted a room of my very own. My herb room is my sanctuary. Its bright yellow and filled with a plethora of herbs. Its sunny and the favorite spot for my cat, Oreo. Every time I think of my herb room I am pleased, my days should be spent in there learning, experimenting and meditating. I am working on setting up a section of the room just for meditation an alter of sorts to my personal development and feeding my soul. I have all the herbs I would need for the care and keeping of my family and I have the books to do the research.

Now the reason I am sharing this, is I can't quite figure out why I don't spend more time in my favorite room of the house. Now if you live in New York City, I am sure you know the sacrifice it takes to dedicate an entire room to your passion. So far, my children have gone alone with this deal with no one staking claims to my sanctuary. I am making a pledge to send more quality time with my herbs in my special place regardless of the hectic schedule that takes over my life. I want to lite a candle, burn incense, read a book and make a formula all tonight before I go to sleep and its now midnight. I think of my morning and then I say goodnight and crawl into bed next to Shiloh for another night of some sleep. On that note, family bed, yes or no? More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment