Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Overwhelmed mothers on Oprah - I could've been there

So Oprah did her show today on overwhelmed mothers as I sat and watched I felt like many other mothers out there that recognized with what we saw. So much to do in a day that my mid day you completely moving mechanically not so much pay attention to what we are doing as much as we are paying attention on what needs to be done.

This leads me back to my "Herb Room", the herb room to me represents my center. It pulls me back to the now and defines what is truly important. In that room I feel that I love my children, my work, my life so much more.

Every woman needs her "Herb Room", you, me we all need a place that is a no combat zone in our homes. We need a ritual that defines who we are and what our beliefs are, our purpose and helps us discover our soul.

Creating a ritual can seem difficult at first. Ritual....what is that. Think of it as something that you can do every day at the same time that quiets you and honors your soul. Do you have enough time to burn sage, frankincense, incense and say a prayer? That a ritual. You can now build on that as time permits. The expert that Oprah had today on her show said to wake up a few minutes early, before the stampede of children, to have that time. I have worked on this principle (waking up early) for years, on and off. The times that I have felt the most grounded have been the "on" times never the "off."

Of course, being a new mom with a son that sleeps better in the morning hours than all night, a few minutes each morning seems like hours of missing sleep. So I find time to honor myself at night. What is my ritual? I simply burn an herb depending on the mood and then I drink, tea and draw a card from my herbal cards and concentrate on the message of that specific herb. It truly lays the ground work for the next day. Please let me know what you have been doing in creating me time, ritual in your lives. More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment