Monday, October 27, 2008

I am falling in love......

With me. I am beautiful. I am beautifully human. My face and body are different than it was years ago. But I am more beautiful now than then. I look at my face and body both changed by the birth of my two children and I stare. I stare at how knowing and instantly endearing my eyes are, I see them reflected in those of my children, how my smile has become more genuine, because I know true joy, how my arms are stronger from carrying my children. How my hips are more defined from giving birth, how my hair is longer and healthier from having a baby in my womb. I love my hands, they have become softer from being used to soothe, I love my breast they can sustain life. I love my skin how it melts into that of another and provides warmth. I love my mouth, the way my lips move when I say I love you and mean it. I love the way I move, with a purpose. My nakedness is appealing and when I am clothe I stand in the center of who I am. Please accept this not a sign of conceit but rather a sign of a woman coming in to her own. Let me inspire you to stand in front of the mirror naked and stare at your reflection with the utmost desire and see yourself for who you are today and how your beauty has grown. To all my girlfriends, excuse me when I stare...I am just amazed by your beauty!

2 comments:

  1. Acceptance for all that you are is key to every woman’s ego. Accepting all the physical parts that was crafted to create your structure is truly a lesson that only time can teach. In my case, my lesson was learned from my mother. Throughout my life, I have admire my mother’s ability to embrace her difference and never let it get in the way of who she is. Being a product of a woman who was born with a cliff palette (distorts your nose and upper lip) has taught me self acceptance. Watching my mother always having to let her inner self shine through first instead of her physical appearance, has convinced me that this should be the norm, not the other way around.

    Without question, my mother has embraced her physical imperfection and this has taught me to appreciate all that I am. She knows no vanity; humility has always been in her corner. She is confident, she is strong and she is beautiful; without any perfection.

    Her imperfection has put me in the lead. I am ahead of time. My mother’s flaw has instilled in me a lesson of accepting all that I am physically. I am grateful. I am blessed. I accept my mother’s flaw, I accept my daughter’s and I accept mine.

    ReplyDelete