Friday, October 10, 2008

My Style and my Thoughts are being redefined

Each morning as I prepare to leave my house for my commute to work, I take one last look in the mirror to see if my reflection truly reflects my style. As I grow older my style is becoming more and more defined. There was a time that I received gifts in clothing or just had an item in my wardrobe that I felt compelled to wear. Not so any more. I wear nothing that doesn't make me feel as if I am standing in center of who I am. My clothing reflects me. Does this mean that I don't want gifts in clothing? Of course not!! I am becoming more and more transparent to my friends and family so they are able to make choices knowing who I am and what MY style is. As a matter of fact my closet shopping buddy says she can pick things out for me with her eyes closed:) Now that knowing someone!

As children we all had our favorite outfit and wish we could wear it over and over again. I bet the reason was that we truly felt while wearing that outfit a kind of comfort deep from our soul. I am returning to that feeling. When you are clothed in garments that lets your body shine, your soul shines also. You know that feeling!

Similarly, when we get to a certain age our thoughts need to be redefined. Our thoughts reflect who we are. As our clothing adorns our bodies, our thoughts adorn our spirit. When our thinking deeply recognizes with our soul, when our thinking aligns with the person that we've become, the world/universe notices.

We are bombarded with many thoughts on a daily basis. The challenge is knowing which one to hold on to and which to get rid of. Do our thoughts not fit us any more? Have we outgrown a particular way of thinking? Is it no longer our size? Have we received thoughts over our lifetime that keeps resurfacing? Like that old garment in the back of the closet that we wear on days that we have "nothing to wear", even though we know it not our style. We can tell those thoughts. How many times have we thought a certain way and think to ourselves, now thats not me. It more my mother, my father or some one of influence in our lives. Do our thoughts make us shine? Abandon thoughts that do not make us feel comfortable. Don't get too hung up on this either and make it harder that it truly is. Just stop thinking that way. Each time you do remind yourself that its like easy like changing your clothes. Strip out the old thoughts and pile on new, beautiful, sexy ones.

3 comments:

  1. Girl, so often I have this feeling! I look in the mirror and wonder if what I am projecting to the world truly reflects who I am and what i want the world to know and think of me. It's an odd feeling to want so baldy to cling to what you know while being completely uncomfortable with it! It's been over-used in this election year, but now is as good a time as any for CHANGE! I think I'll start today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lena, I thoroughly understand where you are coming from. The word CHANGE can never be overused. Without change there is no growth and growth is necessary part of life. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am more defined now than any other time in my life. I am learning to be aware of who I am, not only through my actions but through my thoughts.
    We, my thoughts and I, are engaged in learning about life lessons, making a difference, and loving to the fullest. There was a time when these were not ideas that came close to entering my mind, they were distant ideas. But now, I find myself shifting in and out of that thought process at any given time. My thoughts have been redefined by my greatest life experiences: giving birth and being married. Both of these experiences have taken me to a place that has stirred previous ideas which lead to my thoughts being redefined. As for my style, it’s in the process of being defined ; one thing at a time…

    ReplyDelete