Sunday, November 30, 2008

From the Beginning


I was born in village as pictured above. I was born at home on a Friday and was the last child of four. The Essequibo Coast is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean and the Essequibo River. From my Grandmother's window you have an uninterrupted view of the Ocean and the progressive Horizon. In our village we relied heavily on these water ways for all our needs. We feed ourselves and maintained every aspect of our lives including transportation using these water ways. Our major source of light was moonlight, we had no refrigerators so we only cooked what could be eaten by the family in that day. We planted gardens and ate the produce. It was a small village and every one knew each other by name. Our free time was spent as you see above, being. Being one with our surroundings. Through my adult life I have always felt a strong connection to where I was born. Can you tell the person I am and the person I will become from knowing where I was born? Can you tell who you truly are and who you will become by looking at where you were born? I bet you can. The time, place, date and of course the alignments of the planets are direct indicators of who YOU are. This reminder that no matter where your life takes you to never forget where your life started.

No comments:

Post a Comment