Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My life the River

My Lauren told me that a friend of hers noticed the that she and her brother did not look much alike and wanted to know if they had different fathers. Lauren has heard this before and knows how to answer best. Her usual answers is "Yes of course, that's why I am so much smarter." I asked her if this questions bothered her any. She said no and I believed her. I have always felt it is best to be honest with Lauren and explain why she and her brothers have different fathers. You see it was clearly not my intention as I set out on my life's path to have different fathers for my children. I recently read that what water wants to do is to basically flow downhill by the straightest possible route. Meandering is what happens when a river's best intentions were somehow thwarted. In end of course, rivers get their way and eventually succeed through the meander even if it takes a life time or more. And this is my life's story, I set out to live the straightest possible of lives, but my intentions were thwarted. In the end I hope I can eventually succeed through all my meanders and truly have a life that brought me true joy and for that I will be most proud.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of how Lauren handled herself in this situation which many her age would have difficulty handling, and she did it with humor and self control. I cannot emphasis how happy I am to know your Lauren.
    On the other hand, this little girl’s mother has not exposed her to the society we live in; has she? Her mother needs to explain to her that we live in a society where women are allowed to leave their partner if they are unhappy, women are entitled to happiness without criticism and life has a way of not following the path that we set out for ourselves. We all need to have this talk with our daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marcia, so very true. What I love about situations like these, when they occur it give me a chance to see who my children will be when they become adults. The fiber of their being.

    ReplyDelete