Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lifelines

Do you have a lifeline? Do you have that one person that you can call at 1:00 a.m. and you know that they will answer the phone and stay on as long as you need them? I am beginning to measure my life, which I now believe is a sign of me getting old, but anyway, I am measuring my life by the times I have been there for a friend when I was needed. Did I or do I go out of my way, seriously out of my way for one of my girlfriends, without them having to ask, but rather because I knew they needed me? When was the last time I just visited a friend who I knew was lonely? When was the last time I offered myself to an overwhelmed friend for the afternoon? Will I answer my phone at 1:00 am. when they call? It may not be important, but that one time I could be a lifeline! And the universe rotates on reciprocity.

No comments:

Post a Comment