Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Right on Thyme/Time

Yesterday on my herbal blog I wrote about the herb Thyme and in reviewing my notes, I came across an interesting use of Thyme. It is said that using Thyme helps the user develop a better relationship with time. Boy do I need that, I am thinking intravenously. I have a damaged relationship with time, I constantly feel like there is not enough of it and its not on my side. Its been a part of my bedtime routine for years to fall asleep counting the hours I have left to sleep before its time to wake. You know, if I go to sleep now I can have four, five, six hours of sleep before the alarm... I know I cannot be alone in this. It seems like we move through life counting the hours, minutes, and seconds before our next move. For anything done while counting time is devalued, a devalued moment, a devalued hour and a devalued life. So tonight I am making a conscious effort to take my eyes off the clock and focus on whats in front of me...the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment